“Centre of Clinical Excellence”

What is an Orthoptist?

Orthoptists generally work with ophthalmologists in hospitals and in the community. They are concerned with eye problems relating to eye movements and the inability of the eyes to work together. Examples of these problems are squint (strabismus), lazy eye (amblyopia) and double vision (diplopia). Some perform vision screening of children in schools and community health centers.